Monday, July 2, 2012

Working for Friendship

As a recent college grad there are a lot of things that I'm now dealing with which I never had to before. When I graduated, I moved from Sacramento, CA to the East San Francisco Bay Area 1. To be closer to my boyfriend 2. To check out a new place... I fancy myself as an adventurous soul and therefore took this challenge head on. I have a few friends from school here but not many and I am slowly expanding my social circle as I meet more and more friends of friends, significant others, and friends of my random craigslist roommates. However, at the same time I am practicing fully investing in the friendships I do have here, in Sacramento, and back home-home in Red Bluff. This has definitely been one of the biggest changes for me since I was never at a lack of "friends" back in college or high-school. There was always someone texting about a party or event happening and always someone available for a study session in the library. Moving away and working full-time with non-traditional hours has shown me how much you really have to put into a friendship when it isn't simply convenient due to sheer mass of people and proximity to each other. I now have to schedule my lunch dates and nights out with the girls. Sometimes it takes me weeks or months to finally find a time that works for both of us to be in the same city and available to hang out... But that's what it's all about. No matter how long it takes, a true friend is willing to put in the effort and still keep up the conversation in between.


Me, Roxy & KJ at Roxy's Graduation in Sacramento 5 months after my big move!

No comments:

Post a Comment